Get a Nightlife: December 27, 2021 to January 2, 2022 – 365 Things to Do in Houston
The Skylawn at POST Houston hosts a New Year’s Eve Celebration this week | Courtesy of Post Houston
Find the can’t-miss events in Houston with our Day + Nightlife Guide for Monday, December 27, 2021 to Sunday, January 2, 2022.
Your favorite nightlife guide is back to cure your weekly FOMO. We’ve got you covered with our in-the-know list of art, music, and nightlife events happening all week long around Houston, from Monday through Sunday.
Looking for a place to party and ring in 2022? Check out our New Year’s Eve Guide to events around Houston.
Here are our picks for Day & Nightlife in Houston from Monday, December 27, 2021 to Sunday, January 2, 2022.
Day + Nightlife Guide in Houston: December 27, 2021 to January 2, 2022
- Ninja Wonderland 2021 at Ninja Ramen | Monday, December 27 to Thursday, December 30 | No Cover – Come see Ninja ramen on Washington Ave for the last few days of their snow-filled Ninja Wonderland. Come dressed in your parkas and fur coats, along with some warm socks because it will be cold. The bar will also feature a Chartreuse drink menu, including “Chartreu the Heart and You’re To Blame” and “Yellow Snow”. 6pm to close, daily.
Monday, December 27, 2021
- LGBTQ Pride Mondays at Tinders Houston – Show your pride all year long at Tinders Houston’s weekly LGBTQ+ friendly event. Take advantage of their drink specials, delicious food and music to get you moving at the North Houston nightclub. $10. 7pm.
- Monday Night Karaoke at Darwin’s Pub | No Cover – If you want to show off your falsetto and sing to a crowd, Darwin’s Pub near Washington Avenue has you covered on Monday nights. John Puma hosts a jam-packed night of performances for anyone ready to hop on stage. 8:30pm.
Tuesday, December 28, 2021
Wednesday, December 29, 2021
Thursday, December 30, 2021
New Year’s Eve, Friday, December 31, 2021
- 2022 New Year’s Eve Celebration & Package at The Moran CityCentre – The CityCentre hotel is welcoming guests for a special New Year’s Eve package and celebration featuring live music, fireworks, sparkling wine, a midnight toast, and more—all included with an overnight stay. Special package rates are also available for arrivals starting Tuesday, December 28, 2021.
- New Year’s Eve at Julep – Celebrate New Year’s Eve at the Washington Ave drinkery as they pull out all the stops for their guests. There will be an exclusive NYE champagne cocktail menu in addition to their full bar menu with a complimentary champagne or bourbon for the midnight toast. Walk-ins are welcome, but reservations are highly recommended. Booths and tables start at $250. 4pm.
- NYE Houston Bash at Cidercade – Ring in the New Year at East End’s Cidercade by playing fun arcade games, grab grub from food trucks, and drink a few signature hard beverages. At midnight, there will be confetti cannons and a toast. $40 to $50. 7pm.
- New Year’s Eve Celebration at POST Houston – Downtown’s newest development rolls out the red carpet for a New Year’s Eve party that features fireworks, cirque-style performers, DJs on the decks, expansive panoramic views of the skyline, and more. Bottom two floors are free and open to the public; Skylawn access which includes most of the entertainment is $65. 8pm.
- New Year’s Comedy Laughfest at Smart Financial Centre – Send 2021 off with a night of nonstop laughter when some of the biggest comedians come to Sugar Land for an uproarious New Year’s Eve event. $59 to more than $200. 8pm.
- NYE Celebration at True Anomaly Brewing – True Anomaly is going full speakeasy for New Year’s Eve by closing the front doors and transforming their back of house into the perfect holiday bash. This intimate celebration will have a limited number of tickets to enjoy the special access for the night. Dress code for the night is Roaring ‘20s, semi-formal, or cocktail-style attire. $75. 8pm.
- No Cover New Year’s Eve at the Continental Club | No Cover – Save money on cover charges by heading to the Continental Club in Midtown. The New Year’s Eve celebration will feature a concert by the Allen Oldies Band and the Monicas. The backyard will have performances by Luva Dvorak & the Brooklyn Twang. 8pm.
- New Year’s Eve Bash at B.B. Lemon – Washington Ave’s popular eatery hosts a laid back New Year’s Eve with a choice of lunch or dinner service, party favors, cocktails and DJ music in the evening ahead of midnight. Reservations are recommended. 8pm.
- T Graham Brown in Concert at Dosey Doe: the Big Barn – Country music singer T. Graham Brown makes his way to Houston for a soulful New Year’s Eve show. Tickets start at $88. 8:30pm.
- Angelucho Copacabana’s Havana Nights 2022 at Embassy Suites Houston West-Katy – Angelucho’s Cuban New Year’s Eve party returns after two years to ring in 2022 at the Texas Ballroom in the Embassy Suites Houston West-Katy. $119 per person and include a gourmet buffet dinner, two drinks, and a Champagne toast at midnight. Dinner starts at 8pm. Music and dancing start at 10pm.
- New Year’s Eve with Christina Wells at the Historic Sylvan Beach Pavilion – Houston’s own Christina Wells and the Historic Sylvan Beach Pavilion present a New Year’s evening of spectacular entertainment featuring Christina’s full band and first-rate performances by national and local artists, DJs, and more. $75 for general admission; $250 for reserved seating for two with VIP perks, and additional options for reserved seating of four or more. 7pm.
New Year’s Day, Saturday, January 1, 2022
- New Year’s Day Hangover Cure Brunch at B&B Butchers and Restaurant – Bounce back from NYE festivities at B&B Butcher’s annual New Year’s Day Hangover Cure Brunch on their rooftop patio. There will also be plenty of specialty cocktails and decadent brunch dishes. Reservations are required. 11am to 3pm.
- Bowl Games and Brews Day at Little Woodrow’s Heights | No Cover – Little Woodrow’s in the Heights is your headquarters for all things NCAA football at their Bowl Games and Brews Day. There will be beer vendors and food trucks on site with tasty beer specials and swag giveaways. Noon.
- New Year’s Day at MKT Bar in Downtown | No Cover – In the ground floor of Phoenicia Market, this Downtown bar hosts a brunch session featuring live music in the tradition of Second-Line and Mardi Gras from Hot City Brass Band. Noon to 3pm.
- Localmania 2 at White Oak Music Hall – Support talented Texas bands like BILE, Apothica, Mirror Lake and many more at White Oak Music Hall’s Localmania 2. $20 in advance; $25 day of show. 1pm.
- CIAO Brunch at Henke & Pillot – Make 2022 your best year yet and head to Henke & Pillot in Downtown for its first brunch event of the year, hosted by the Socialites and Kulture Brunch. Free with RSVP before 5pm; $15 in advance after 5pm. Tables and sections start at $75. 2pm to 9pm.
- Praia Urbana at Bauhaus – Praia Urbana returns for another year as one of the largest outdoor house music and techno festivals in Texas. This year’s lineup is headlined by DJ Market Knight and features Bauhaus’ favorite local and regional artists. $20 to $80. 2pm.
- NYD Pajama Jam at Houston Eagle | No Cover – LGBTQ+ friendly bar Houston Eagle is hosting a pajama jam on New Year’s Day so you can bring in the new year comfortably. Pajamas, onesies, long johns, and union suits are strongly encouraged. 9pm.
- The Riot Comedy Show Presents Zahid Dewji at Rudyard’s – Come see The Riot’s first show of the year, headlined by homegrown favorite Zahid Dewji. Bring your friends and family to start off the year by sharing a laugh. $12 to $85. 10pm.
Sunday, January 2, 2022
- Football Sunday Funday at Lucky’s Pub West | No Cover – The party doesn’t stop on Sundays at Lucky’s Pub West. Join them for a full day of NFL football, an outdoor patio and lots of drink specials. 11am.
- Wine Glass Decorating & Tasting at Buy the Glass Wine Bar – Buy the Glass Wine Bar & Lounge in Spring hosts a fun wine tasting class while you decorate your own wine glass. Grab a few friends, taste their four premium wine selections, and make countless memories. $25. Noon to 7pm.
- Sunday Funday Brunch & Day Party at Chapman & Kirby | No Cover – No better way to end the New Year’s weekend than at Chapman & Kirby’s weekly Sunday Funday. Enjoy the live music, creative cocktails, and a delicious brunch filled with southern classics, Tex-Mex and much more. Noon to 10pm.
- Jazz, Cocktails, and Conversation at Interio Bar – If you’re single in Houston and you’re waiting to make your debut into the dating world in 2022, try HPU’s Jazz, Cocktails and Conversations every Sunday night. Hosted at the Interio Bar in Downtown, there will be drink specials, light bites and charismatic music. $5 to $25, with limited amount of free tickets available. 3pm to 6pm.
- The 8th Wonder Comedy Hour at the Secret Group – 8th Wonder hosts a comedy hour featuring local comedians and host, Josh Stokes, at the Secret Group. Entry-only tickets are $5; $8 includes an exclusive pint glass. 6pm.
- Dueling Pianos with Piano Punch at Main Street Crossing – Sing along to familiar songs and watch as Piano Punch brings the party to Main Street Crossing in Tomball. $21 to $69. 7pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
You can find more fun in our interactive event calendar and 365 Weekend Guides.
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).
Click here to sign up for free.
Previous articleTop 15 Live Comedy Events This Month: January 2022Next articleTop 10 Things to Do for Kids in Houston This Week: December 27 to January 2, 2022
Kianna Ford is a writer, pop culture fanatic and new to the city of Houston. If she isn’t catching up on her favorite reality TV shows, she’s out exploring the city to cover the nightlife and other events for 365 Things to Do in Houston.